6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
- The unit has a compulsory ensemble componentensemble component (http://artsonline.monash.edu.au/music/category/performance-studies/student-ensembles/). Some ensembles are subject to audition. Normally, auditions take place in Week 1 of the semester. Please see the unit guide for further information.
- Students who fail this unit will need permission from the unit coordinator in order to repeat the unit.
The unit consolidates and extends advanced skills in creative music technology developed in ATS3142 Creative music technology 5. Students further develop technical skills by creating a final work, encompassing recordings, productions and live performance. This final work should consolidate and go beyond the level of skills attained in ATS3142 Creative music technology 5.
Upon completion of the unit, students are able to:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of creative music technology conceptual and production skills;
- Demonstrate strategies and technologies to facilitate highly detailed concepts;
- Demonstrate a distinctive workflow that reflects advanced creative and personal 'sound' production values.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
ATS3142 or ATS3830
This unit is only available to students enrolled in a Bachelor of Music single or double degree - Creative music technology specialisation.