12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
School of Languages, Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics
Assoc Professor Beatrice Trefalt
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- Summer semester A 2017 (Flexible)
- Students need to contact the Arts Student ServicesArts Student Services (http://future.arts.monash.edu/contact-arts/) desk to enrol in the unit.
- The unit may be offered as part of the Summer Arts ProgramSummer Arts Program (http://www.monash.edu/students/courses/arts/summer-program.html).
This unit allows students to build on the critical and analytical skills developed through the major by having the opportunity to develop a research project tailored to their disciplinary interests. Special permission to undertake this unit must be obtained from the co-ordinator of the major.
After successfully completing this unit students should be able to:
- Develop a research proposal
- Develop a research strategy
- Identify the key resources relevant to the topic
- Demonstrate understanding of the research topic, critical engagement with relevant theoretical material, analysis of sources and or data through the completion of an extended research essay.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Approval by co-ordinator of major