6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Centre for Theatre and Performance
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
This unit will introduce students to skills and concepts in writing for performance independently and in a collaborative workshop environment, culminating in performance work based on the completed script. The program will introduce students to the key stages of developing a script for the stage and will also engage with key industry concerns in the field of script writing.
Students successfully completing this Unit will develop:
- Basic skills in writing for performance.
- An understanding of aspects of creative processes in the field, and of the (procedures appropriate to the development of new work.
- A knowledge of the structural choices in the development of a performance text.
- Skills in editing and adaptation.
- The capacity to articulate critical analyses in systematic written argument, and in clear and confident oral presentations.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
A gateway unit in Theatre or a first year sequence in Performance or by permission