6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
The unit has a compulsory ensemble componentensemble component (http://artsonline.monash.edu.au/music/category/performance-studies/student-ensembles/). Some ensembles are subject to audition. Normally, auditions take place in Week 1 of the semester. Please see the unit guide for further information.
The unit consolidates intermediate skills in music ensemble performance developed in ATS1348 Music ensemble 2.
The unit comprises:
- ensemble rehearsals in a chosen/approved music ensemble;
- performance of select repertoire. The development of skills prepares students for the next unit in the sequence, ATS2801 Music ensemble 4.
Upon completion of this unit, students are able to:
- Demonstrate further command of music ensemble performance skills beyond the level attained in ATS1348 Music ensemble 2 in a chosen/approved music ensemble.
- Demonstrate effective control of the elements of ensemble performance (for example, accuracy, articulation and phrasing, tone quality, dynamics, expression, and so forth).
- Convincingly perform select repertoire in a public setting.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
ATS1348 or by approval from the unit coordinator