6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Summer semester B 2017 (On-campus block of classes)
- This unit is an international study programinternational study program (http://future.arts.monash.edu/learning-abroad) at Prato that requires an application to be enrolled and may incur additional cost.
- The unit may be offered as part of the Summer Arts ProgramSummer Arts Program (http://www.monash.edu/students/courses/arts/summer-program.html).
- This is an Arts enrichment unitArts enrichment unit (http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/2017handbooks/undergrad/arts-01.html).
This unit aims to consolidate and to extend language skills acquired in levels 1 and 2 Italian. In the cultural component students will study a range of texts in Italian and their historical and social context.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- interact in most everyday social situations with confidence and fluency in their use of the Italian language;
- vary the tone and register of the oral and written texts they produce;
- read simply-structured literary texts or articles in newspapers and periodicals;
- use monolingual as well as bilingual dictionaries;
- understand the development of a range of literary texts , and
- understand important aspects of Italian social and cultural history.
Within semester assessment: 60% + Exam: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement. + Additional requirements + This unit is taught intensively at Prato
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
ATS2223 or their equivalent