6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
Building on the foundation established in Korean Introductory 1, students will continue to develop their ability to communicate in routine social situations. They will also be introduced to various learning strategies that aim to help them develop a sense of control over their own learning, leading to a lifetime of learning.
Upon completing this unit, students should be able to:
- Competently participate in simple Korean conversations about everyday life and familiar topics
- Make requests, and express agreement and refusal
- Read and write in defined contexts
- Demonstrate an increased understanding of Korean history, culture and society
- Develop basic learning strategies that will prepare them for life-long learning
Within semester assessment: 60% + Exam: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
ATS2171 or equivalent
Students enrolled in Arts courses are prohibited from taking this unit. In addition, students enrolled in this unit are prohibited from taking ATS1172.