6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
This unit is a core unit for the Bachelor of Global Studies.
In this unit students will build on the work of Leadership for Social Change 1. Students will compare and contrast a range of solutions to global challenges in different historical, linguistic, cultural, and geographical settings, focusing especially on developing an understanding of effective leadership across a range of contexts. They will develop the skills necessary to critically engage with a range of sources that theorise and reflect on leadership, drawing on a variety of disciplinary approaches. In the workshops students will be encouraged reflect on, then critically engage with, specific examples of successful social change.
- Students gain critical knowledge of a range of solutions to global challenges.
- Students learn to identify and critique specific disciplinary approaches.
- Students develop skills in adopting and adapting strategies for ongoing, effective critical reading of academic work.
- Students build on and further develop skills in collaborative and independent research.
- Students build on and further develop skills in written and oral communication.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information