6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Term 4 2017 (On-campus block of classes)
- This unit is an international study programinternational study program (http://future.arts.monash.edu/learning-abroad) at Prato that requires an application to be enrolled and may incur additional cost.
- This is an Arts enrichment unitArts enrichment unit (http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/2017handbooks/undergrad/arts-01.html).
This unit aims to consolidate the foundation provided by level 1 Italian in the basic language skills - listening, speaking, reading and writing Italian, and to continue the introduction to contemporary Italian social and political history and culture provided by ATS1221 or its equivalent
Upon successful completion of this unit, learners should be able to:
- understand, speak and write basic Italian with reference to present, past and future events in a range of everyday situations
- read elementary but authentic Italian texts
- understand basic structural aspects of Italian
- have an enhanced understanding of language learning and communication strategies, and
- understand key aspects of contemporary Italian culture and society.
Within semester assessment: 60% + Exam: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement. + Additional requirements + This unit is taught intensively at Prato
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
ATS1221 or equivalent