6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
ATS1192 develops language skills acquired in ATS1191 with particular emphasis on oral and written practices. In addition, students are introduced to key aspects of Hispanic cultures and societies.
On completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- Converse in basic Spanish for 15 to 20 minutes about past, present and future activities.
- Use the following tenses: the present habitual, the present progressive, the present perfect, preterite and imperfect, and the informal and formal future.
- Write compositions of up to 300 words in Spanish, with the help of a Spanish-English dictionary and a reference grammar.
- Engage in conversations and discussions in Spanish, about themselves, their family and friends, Australia and the world at large.
- Read and comprehend newspaper articles and narrative and descriptive literary texts of up to 1000 words in Spanish.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key aspects of Hispanic cultures and societies.
Within semester assessment: 70% + Exam: 30%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information