6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Mr Ross Brewin (Caulfield)
Ms Jacqui Alexander (Prato)
This unit examines issues in architectural production. This unit covers architectural production in relation to a range of historical, theoretical, material and speculative domains addressing diverse social, cultural, technological, and communicative aspects of architecture. Investigations will incorporate various methodologies and points of view. The unit will develop analytical methods for understanding and contributing to the evolving built environment.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- Have gained a broader exposure and deeper engagement with architectural production
- Develop a capacity to undertake research in architectural production
- Demonstrate the ability to critically assess aspects of architectural production
- Have gained familiarity with principles and strategies influencing the development of architecture
- Understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study.
100% mixed mode
12 hours per week including 3 contact hours and 9 hours of independent study or equivalent.
See also Unit timetable information
Admission to Masters of Architecture and OHS1000 or by permission.