6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Associate Professor Ari Seligmann (Architecture)
Dr Nicole Kalms (Interior Architecture)
- First semester 2017 (Day)
This unit introduces the history and theory of selected Australian and international architecture since 1968.The unit will also introduce methods for the written, spoken and visual analysis of buildings including site visits, analytical case studies and other forms of analysis. In addition to the theoretical and historical contexts of the buildings studied the unit will investigate their contribution to architectural design.
On successful completion of this unit, students will have developed:
- A basic knowledge of the history and theory of post 1968 architecture;
- A basic knowledge of the varied contexts of post 1968 architecture;
- Ability to demonstrate a basic understanding of techniques applicable to the visual analysis of architecture;
- A basic understanding of the selected buildings' contribution to architectural design;
- Understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study.
The Analytical Project, Essay and Visual Test will together form 100% of the assessment.
A range of lectures, seminars, intensives and site visits delivered in regular and or intensive mode averaging the equivalent of 12 hours work per week, including 3 hours contact and 9 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information