6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
This unit focuses on the development of communication skills and understanding of conceptual, historical and ideological concerns which relate to 2 and 3 dimensional modes of representation. Examining the relationship between 2 dimensional modes of representation and 3 dimensional material and physical outcomes is a primary focus. Two related themes are explored: methods of digital image production, including visualisation and rendering; and processes of material production and fabrication.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- Demonstrate basic skills and understanding of material fabrication techniques;
- Demonstrate basic skills in digital rendering of 3-dimensional CAD models (using industry standard hardware / software) and the associated use of post-production software (such as the Adobe suite for example);
- Have developed a basic understanding of the transition between abstract 2-dimensional modes of representation and applied three-dimensional physical outcomes;
- Understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study.
This is a semester-long project unit.
100% mixed mode
12 hours per week, including 3 hours lecture/tutorial and 9 hours of independent study, or equivalent
See also Unit timetable information