12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2017
This unit requires students to complete a 9,000 word research project on a topic of their choosing in consultation with their assigned supervisor who is a member of academic staff.
Upon completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Review a specific body of research in the field of Criminal Justice and Criminology and demonstrate a command of that literature.
- Identify and develop key research questions.
- Critically investigate a key issue in Criminal Justice and Criminology.
- Critically write up research findings.
- Construct a critical argument.
- Construct a cumulative argument across an 9,000 word research project.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information