6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Off-campus)
The current Australian reporting and regulatory framework applicable to reporting entities including an analysis of significant accounting standards, professional reporting requirements and legal and stock exchange requirements. Accounting for corporate groups and issues in financial reporting are also explored.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- explain the nature and regulation of companies in Australia
- apply accounting standards and the framework in the preparation and presentation of financial statements for both single and consolidated entities
- demonstrate accounting knowledge in areas such as company operations, taxation, property, plant and equipment (acquisition and impairment), and group accounting
- apply critical thinking, problem solving and presentation skills to individual and/or group activities dealing with company reporting and demonstrate in individual summative assessment tasks the acquisition of a comprehensive understanding of the topics covered in ACG2491.
Within semester assessment: 40% + Examination: 60%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
Students must have passed AFW1000 or ACW1000 and AFW1002 or ACW1002, OR AFG1000 or ACG1000 and AFG1002 or ACG1002 before undertaking this unit.
AFC2120, ACC2120, AFF2491, ACF2491, AFW2491, ACW2491, AFG2491