6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- First semester 2017 (Evening)
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
In today's business environment the accountant engages with the organisation's senior managers and contributes to strategy formulation and implementation. This unit focuses on the concepts and techniques of business strategy formulation and how management accounting information systems act as a corporate control system providing information for strategic decisions.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- demonstrate how management accounting systems can be designed to support strategy
- critically evaluate strategic management accounting concepts and techniques
- apply management accounting techniques to strategic business decisions
- analyse and make recommendations regarding the design of performance measurement systems and strategic management accounting systems
- apply critical thinking, problem solving and presentation skills to individual and/or group activities dealing with advanced strategic management accounting and demonstrate in an individual summative assessment task the acquisition of comprehensive understanding of the topics covered by ACF5100.
Within semester assessment: 50% + Examination: 50%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
If students are enrolled in course 0503 there are no prerequisites. If students are enrolled in course B6002, B60011, B6015 0748, 0790, 0826, 3843 or 4402 prerequisite is ACF5955
Students must be enrolled in one of the following courses before undertaking this unit: B6002, B6011, B6015, 0503, 0748, 0790, 0826, 3843 or 4402