6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
Topics include the budget planning process including master budget preparation, budgeting standard costs and variance analysis, responsibility accounting, management by objectives and non-financial performance measurement, divisional performance, transfer pricing issues, program budgeting and other approaches, capital budgeting, strategic planning and control.
The learning objectives associated with this unit are to:
- apply traditional and contemporary performance measurement and control techniques to enable managers to measure and enhance organisational performance
- analyse and make recommendations regarding the design of performance measurement and control systems
- explain how behavioural implications are crucial for the effective design of performance measurement and control systems
- apply critical thinking, problem solving and presentation skills to individual and/or group activities dealing with performance measurement and control and demonstrate in an individual summative assessment task the acquisition of a comprehensive understanding of the topics covered by ACB3021.
Within semester assessment: 40% + Examination: 60%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
ACB2020, AFW2020, AFC2131, AFF2391, AFG2020