The finance specialisation includes applying theory and concepts to critically evaluate and make decisions regarding capital investment, mergers and acquisitions, foreign exchange, and valuation of financial securities. Students will be able to critically evaluate, analyse and interpret financial data and demonstrate the use of complex financial models and empirical techniques.
This area of study entry applies to students commencing this course in 2017 and should be read in conjunction with the relevant course entry in the Handbook.
Any units listed for this area of study relate only to the 'Requirements' outlined in the component of any bachelors double degrees.
Unit codes that are not linked to their entry in the Handbook are not available for study in the current year.
- ACC1100 Introduction to financial accounting or ACC1200 Accounting for managers
- BFC1001 Foundations of finance
- BFC2140 Corporate finance 1
- BFC2240 Equities and investment analysis
- BFC2340 Debt markets and fixed income securities
- BFC2751 Derivatives 1
- BFC3140 Corporate finance 2
- BFC3240 International finance
- BFC3340 Derivatives 2
- BFC3540 Modelling in finance
- BFC3999 Finance and society (capstone)
- ETC3460 Financial econometrics
Successful completion of this specialisation can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the following single degree:
- B2004 Bachelor of Commerce Specialist
Students in other single bachelor's degrees are not eligible to complete this specialisation.
Successful completion of this specialisation can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the Bachelor of Commerce Specialist component in the following double degrees:
- B2014 Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Commerce Specialist
- B2024 Bachelor of Commerce Specialist and Bachelor of Arts
- B2009 Bachelor of Commerce Specialist and Bachelor of Computer Science
- B2015 Bachelor of Commerce Specialist and Bachelor of Information Technology
- B2016 Bachelor of Commerce Specialist and Bachelor of Science
- E3003 Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce Specialist