Honours studies in this area will advance students' knowledge and competencies in the discipline of Communications.
Students are required to complete 48 points of study comprising a thesis and two coursework units. Coursework units and the thesis topic are chosen in consultation with the communications honours coordinator on the relevant campus.
Intending honours students
Students intending to enter honours in communications must have completed a major or specialisation in that discipline.
This course comprises 48 points: Part A: Research (24 points) and Part B: Coursework (24 points)
Units are 12 points unless otherwise indicated.
Part A. Research (24 points)
Students undertake the following in their chosen discipline:
- ATS4230 Arts honours thesis (24 points)
or both of:
Part B. Coursework (24 points)
- ATS4002 Honours research methods seminar
- ATS4171 Advanced readings in media and communications studies
- ATS4235 Selected topics in theory and practice
- AMU4720 Research issues and methodology
- AMU4727 Readings in social, political and cultural theory
A3701 Bachelor of Arts (Honours)