Honours studies in this area will advance students' knowledge and competencies in the discipline of ancient cultures.
Students are required to complete 48 points of study comprising a thesis and two coursework units. Coursework units and the thesis topic are chosen in consultation with the ancient cultures honours coordinator.
Intending honours students
Students intending to enter honours in ancient cultures must have completed a major in that discipline.
This course comprises 48 points: Part A: Research (24 points) and Part B: Coursework (24 points)
Units are 12 points unless otherwise indicated.
Part A. Research (24 points)
Students undertake the following in their chosen discipline:
- ATS4230 Arts honours thesis (24 points)
or both of:
Part B. Coursework (24 points)
- ATS4257 Reading the ancient past
- ATS4702 Classical languages for researchers
and one of:
- ATS4256 Predynastic and early dynastic Egypt
- ATS4345 Research methods in classical antiquity
A3701 Bachelor of Arts (Honours)