[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Home Monash Info News and Events Campuses and Faculties Monash University
Monash University Handbooks


Contemporary Drama (6 points)


Leader: Sue Tweg

Clayton Second semester 2003 (Day)
Clayton Second semester 2004 (Day)

Synopsis: This unit investigates a range of contemporary playtexts such as 'Waiting for Godot', 'Cloud Nine', 'Stolen' and 'The Birthday Party'. The subject also covers performance processes, such as theatre audiences and theories of directing and acting and discuss ideas about popular culture, gender, bodies and interculturalism. Workshops will focus on making, analysing and theorising theatre.

Assessment: Workshop participation: 25% + Short weekly written response (1500 words total): 25% + Final essay, design piece or performance: 50%

Contact Hours: 2.5 hours (1 hour lecture and 1.5 hour seminar) per week

Prerequisites: A first year sequence in Drama and Theatre Studies.

Prohibitions: DTS3450

Help | Contacts | Site Map | Staff Directory | Search