[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Home Monash Info News and Events Campuses and Faculties Monash University
Monash University Handbooks


Object oriented programming in Java (6 points)


Leader: L Seldon

Peninsula First semester 2003 (Day)
Peninsula Second semester 2003 (Day)
Peninsula First semester 2004 (Day)
Peninsula Second semester 2004 (Day)

Synopsis: An overview of programming and its role in problem-solving. It introduces the relationships between programs and their components.It covers the following programming concepts and techniques: objects, classes, inheritance, modularity and data encapsulation, program testing and debugging, and program documentation. It covers the following programming constructs for problem-solving: basic data types, control structures, input and output, methods (functions), arrays, and introduction to class libraries. The unit also emphasises the use of programming tools and environments.

Assessment: test assessment (resource facility), worth 20% of the total assessment, assignments, worth 28% of the total assessment, exercises, worth 12% of the total assessment, and a final examination (3 hours), worth 40% of the total assessment.

Contact Hours: 4 hours per week

Prohibitions: CFR1121, CFR7101, CSC1011, DGS1301, GCO1811, GCO7821, SFT1101

Help | Contacts | Site Map | Staff Directory | Search