Gippsland First semester 2008 (Flexible)
Peninsula First semester 2008 (Day)
Peninsula First semester 2008 (Flexible)
The student will develop proficiency in health through the development of skills related to: assessment interviewing; physical appraisal; assessment data analysis; incorporating changes in health assessment related to the age of the client and cultural and ethnic variations; comprehensive, periodic and focused health assessments. All students are required to have clinical support for the duration of course.
On completion of this unit the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of normal physiological processes;
- Accurately describe the aetiology, clinical manifestations and pathophysiology of a range of diseases/conditions observed in specialty practice;
- Accurately record an in-depth patient health history appropriate to the student's discipline'
- Incorporate age related differences, cultural, and ethnic variations relevant to the patient's health history;
- Perform and document a systematic physical health assessment utilising health assessment tools and techniques;
- Formulate clinical impressions based on an accurate analysis of health assessment data;
- Competently evaluate clinical problems and perform comprehensive health assessments in a selected area of health care.
Multiple choice and short answer tests (40%)
Health Assessment Clinical examination (30%)
Case study (30%).
Off Campus Attendance Requirements
Attendance at residential schools held oncampus.