Caulfield First semester 2008 (On-campus block of classes)
Topics include the interface between marketing, advertising and media planning, media planning considerations, criteria used for media buying and methods of negotiation for media buying and selling.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- evaluate the theoretical underpinning by which advertising/media agency planners and buyers base their purchase selections and decisions
- explain and illustrate the marketing and advertising objectives that determine the buyer behaviour of direct advertisers
- describe how media sales professionals develop an understanding of their customer's communication and media objectives to meet the buyer's need
- compare and assess the role and needs of the various decision makers in the media selection process
- evaluate how different media have adapted their sales strategies within relationship marketing.
Within semester assessment: 50%
Examination (2 hours): 50%
One week block