Clayton Second semester 2008 (Day)
This is the second part of a sequence progressing from the intermediate to the advanced levels of Japanese. Activities are built around topics relating to current issues in Japan and to cultural interaction between Australians and Japanese. Students will reinforce 1006 kyooiku kanji.
Upon successful completion of this unit students will have:
- Further developed their skills in using a wide range of grammar patterns, phrases and vocabulary appropriately in both written and spoken Japanese.
- Reinforced their knowledge of the kyooiku kanji acquired so far (900) and developed their knowledge of an additional 150 kanji frequently used in the Japanese media.
- Developed the skills to gain information on current issues from newspaper articles, journals, books and the internet, and through interviews with Japanese people.
- Developed their skills to summarise findings and express themselves in appropriate written forms, in group discussions, in presentations and in interviews with Japanese people.
- Developed skills that will enable continued acquisition of Japanese outside the classroom.
Final examination (2 hours): 35%
Aural and oral test: 20%
Quizzes and assignments: 25%
Project (equivalent 1250 words): 20%
4 hours (1 x 1 hour lecture and 3 hours tutorials/seminars) per week
Japanese 7 or equivalent
JPL1080, JPL2080, JPL3080, JPL4080, JLG5080