Clayton First semester 2008 (Day)
As for HYM4270
Upon successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Understand the research processes involved in writing biography and life stories, particularly the use of existing published works, archives and oral history.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the ethical and legal issues involved in biography and life writing.
- Understand the theoretical issues involved in the discipline, including questions about style, audience and readership.
- Develop advanced skills in written and oral communication.
- Develop skills in working as a group.
- Develop advanced skills in using new technology
Seminar paper (2000-3000 words); 30%;
Outline of research project including literature review, discussion of method and time line (6000 words): 50%;
1 seminar presentation 10%;
General seminar performance 10%
2 hour seminar per week