Sunway First semester 2008 (Day)
Sunway Second semester 2008 (Day)
The unit requires the completion of a minor dissertation. It is a supervised piece of research on an approved topic. Through supervised practice, it extends student knowledge of a substantive research area, as well as knowledge of relevant methodologies, research design and planning, and the writing and editing of an extended piece of research.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge, skills and attributes necessary for understanding and engaging in advanced research;
- Increased understanding of the practice and methods of communication and cultural research;
- Increased understanding of the planning, design, writing and editing research; and the capacity to advance knowledge in the chosen area of research;
- Increased knowledge, skills, and attributes necessary for independent research, enhanced capacity to formulate and research communication and cultural studies issues, to analyse and evaluate arguments, and to understand critical approaches to communications issues;
- Enhanced intellectual independence, and greater self-reliance and critical distance in intellectual and professional activity.
Assignment (20,000 words): 100%
Regular meetings with supervisors.
Off Campus Attendance Requirements
Regular contact with supervisors.