Not offered in 2008
This unit provides an analysis of the taxation and regulatory regime relating to superannuation and retirement benefits.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- explain the superannuation system and regulatory regime in Australia;
- explain taxation of superannuation benefits upon contribution and distribution;
- identify planning issues and approaches to maximize superannuation and retirement benefits;
- identify and evaluate developments and proposals for reform;
- apply principles and methods.
Within semester assessment: 40%
Examination (Take home): 60%
Three hours per week on-campus and/or intensive mode over summer (both 39 hours in total)
BTF4690, BTF5580, BTF9191, BTF4270