Skip to content | Change text size

PSY4508 - Contemporary issues in cross-cultural psychology

6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL

Postgraduate Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences

Leader: A/Prof E Gullone


Caulfield First semester 2007 (Evening)
Caulfield First semester 2007 (Off-campus)
Caulfield Second semester 2007 (Evening)
Singapore First semester 2007 (Off-campus)
Singapore Second semester 2007 (Off-campus)


This unit is intended to familiarize students to current issues in psychology relating to culture and universality. In particular several core areas will be covered, namely developmental psychology, emotions, values, subjective well-being, self-identity, and psychopathology. Key empirical works and major reviews in this area will be presented and students will be required to discuss the works with a view to identifying the implications of these works for psychological understanding and application.


Sixty percent (60%) of the assessment will be awarded for competence of discussion leadership, participation in group discussion and evidence of having done required reading. The remaining marks (40%) will be for 2,000 word essay based on one of the topic areas.


PSY4507, PSY4509, PSY4230, PSY4250