Skip to content | Change text size

MBA9001 - Managerial and leadership skills

6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL

Postgraduate Faculty of Business and Economics

Leader: Dr Andrew Pirola-Merlo


Caulfield Second semester 2007 (On-campus)


On completion of this unit students will be able to: identify and develop the relevant skills and competencies they need to be effective managers; demonstrate skills in creating effective learning environments for themselves and others; study the leadership role of managers, the traditional role of management and various leadership and decision-making models. The focus of leadership is on organisational culture and values, social responsibilities and managerial ethics, managing change, creativity and innovation, and entrepreneurial behaviour.


The learning goals associated with this unit are to:


Individual assignment (2500 words): 30%
Group class presentation (Presentation: 20%, Summary (1500 words): 10%): Total 30%
Examination (2 hours): 40%

Contact hours

39 contact hours per semester


Students must be enrolled in the MBA program